Information Required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code and Section 2051.202, Texas Government Code
Click here for information about the District as required by Section 26.18, Texas Tax Code, created by Senate Bill 2 (also known as the Texas Property Tax Reform and Transparency Act of 2019) and as required by Texas Tax Code 2051.202, in compliance with House Bill 1154.
Name of District
Cypress Creek Utility District
Name and Term of Office for Each Board Member
(HB 305, Section 2051.202)
Robert Camp, President (Term Expires: May 2026)
Theresa Dildy, Vice President (Term Expires: May 2024)
Richard Harman, Secretary (Term Expires: May 2024)
Catherine Dunn, Director (Term Expires: May 2026)
A. Glenn Land, Director (Term Expires: May 2026)
Contact Information for Main Office of District (Mailing and Physical Address, and Phone Number)
(HB 305, Section 2051.202)
2727 Allen Parkway, Suite 1100, Houston, Texas 77019
Official Contact Information for Each Board Member
Same as contact information for main office of district.
If Applicable, Name of the General Manager
The Name of the Person Representing the Operator, Including a Mailing Address and Telephone Number
Water Environmental &Technical Services
P.O. Box 7, Cypress, Texas 77410-0007
The Name of the Person Representing the Tax Assessor/Collector, Including Mailing Address and Telephone Number
Bob Leared Interests
11111 Katy Freeway, Suite 725, Houston, Texas 77079
The Rate of the Ad Valorem Tax
- 2023: $0.335 (proposed)
If Applicable, the Sales and Use Tax Rate
Any Tax Rate Hearing Notice
Location and Schedule of Meeting of the District
Monthly on second Thursday at 6:00 p.m. at 10643 Mills Walk Drive, Houston, Texas 77070.
A Statement that the Residents Have a Right to Request a Designation of a Meeting Location Within the District
The Board’s regular meetings are held in the District at 10643 Mills Walk Drive, Houston, Texas 77070. Nevertheless, under Texas law, the following information is required to be posted on the District’s website: https://www.cycreekud.com
Residents of the District have the right to request the designation of a meeting location within the District under Section 49.062(g), Water Code. A description of this process can be found at https://www.tceq.texas.gov/downloads/water-districts/forms/form-20863.pdf.
Each Meeting Notice and Minutes of Meetings for the Current Year and the Preceding 12 Months
(HB 305, Section 2051.202)
The taxing unit’s budget for the preceding two years:
The taxing unit’s proposed or adopted budget for the current year:
The change in the amount of the taxing unit’s budget from the preceding year to the current year:
- The change in amount of budgeted revenues from 2022 to 2023 was $225,650, or 11.1028%.
The amount of property tax revenue budgeted for maintenance and operations for the preceding two years and current year:
- 2021: $260,000
- 2022: $284,000
- 2023: $306,000
The amount of property tax revenue budgeted for debt service for the preceding two years and current year:
- The District does not budget for debt service.
The most recent financial audits:
Conflict of Interest Disclosures
(Texas Local Government Code Chapter 176)
- Conflict of Interest Questionnaire
- Conflicts Disclosure Statement Form
- TEC – Conflict of Interest Forms and Instructions
- The Directors and vendors have not disclosed any conflicts pursuant to Texas Local Government Code, Chapter 176.
Energy Consumption Reports
(Texas Government Code Section 2265)
Landowner’s Bill of Rights
(Texas Government Code Section 402)
Elections – Bonds
The District does not currently have a pending bond election.
Elections – Directors
The next election for the District will be held on May 4, 2024.
To be qualified to serve as a director, a person shall be at least 18 years old, a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter within the district.
Director candidacy filing requirements and deadlines are as follows:
To run for election to the District’s Board of Directors, a person must file an application for a place on the ballot. The application must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his designated agent by mail, fax or in person. An application may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-21f.pdf.
- Texas Ethics Commission – Forms and Instructions
- First day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is Wednesday, January 17, 2024.
- Last day to file for place on May 4, 2024 general election ballot is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 16, 2024.
- A person may run for election to the District’s Board of Directors as a write-in candidate and to do so must file a declaration of write-in candidacy. The declaration must be filed with the Secretary of the District’s Board of Directors or his/her designated agent by mail, fax, email or in person. A declaration form may be downloaded/printed from the website of the Texas Secretary of State at https://www.sos.texas.gov/elections/forms/pol-sub/2-23f.pdf
- Deadline to file write-in candidacy declaration for May 4, 2024 general election is by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 20, 2024.
The location(s) of the election will be posted upon determination.
Elections – Documents
- None at this time.